Sunday, November 28, 2010

By the numbers...

I've been trying to clean my scrapbook room. I feel overwhelmed in there! I've got to get rid of some stuff, but I just have such a hard time parting with some of my scrapbooking supplies. Also, I'm trying to simplify my life overall... how much stuff does one person really need? I'm motivated to really limit my spending and GET RID OF SOME OF THIS CLUTTER!

Well here's what I discovered about my stash and scrapbooking room... by the numbers.

4: Cricut Machines. Cricut Expression (best purchase ever off Craigslist... and ya'll thought that bundle of stuff I got this summer was good. lol); Martha Stewart Cricut Cake; Cricut Imagine; Plum Cricut Expression

73: Cricut Cartridges. It's a mixed bag of full carts, solutions, and lites.

36: Bottles of Glimmer Mist. I should mist more. hehe That sounds funny.

31: Scrapbooking Magazines. I really should start a folder where I tear out the sketches and toss them after a period of time. I never reference them but just can't let go.

5: Aprons. When would I need 5 aprons? Well in my defense, 4 of them were a buck each. Gotta love the Dollar Tree, but my "It's only a dollar" purchases do add up!

123: Dollar Stamps / Snag Em Stamps. REALLY? I'm stamp (buying) crazy; time to get stamp (stamping) crazy.

42: Plastic Containers FULL of supplies sorted by theme or brand. And I could still use more? REALLY?

???: I didn't even try to count my paper stacks. I did count the number of DCWV ones I own recently and it was OBSCENE I tell you!!! That's a post for another day when I have time for some wine and crying. hahaha :)

This by the numbers thing was pretty eye opening. Now let's see if I'm strong enough to overcome my hoarding tendencies and get rid of some of this STUFF!

Hugs & Tessie Kisses,
mADDmartha megan

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to take account of what I accumulate in my craft room.....I am a "It's such a good deal, it's only a dollar, I got it on clearance, I used a coupon on it so it is ok" kind of girl. It frightens me the $$$ that I have spent and it sits on shelves, in drawers, etc. I would not want to even keep count of the paper packs that I have...now really, how would we possibly use what we have...lol...4 Cricuts...Wow...I don't know what to say about that....but don't kid yourself...I was thinking of the purple one at Walmart for BF despite just getting my pink one from Mike's in July....it truly is an obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is too funny. i would hate to see what my numbers list would look like, yikes.

    ReplyDelete