Friday, February 4, 2011

25 Things You Don't Know About Me...

I was inspired recently by my favorite literary publication... er... *cough* US Weekly.  They have a regular feature that's "25 Things You Don't Know About [Insert Celebrity Name Here]" See examples below...

Since I'm a celebrity in my own mind, I'm joking, kind of, I decided, I'd give you 25 Things You May or May Not Know or not give a crap about knowing about mADDmartha megan.  And you might want to read through the end because there might be a HUGE, Mega, Monstrous announcement about the life of yours truly. And no, I'm not getting married or something. PSSSH! Not even close. ;)
  1. I have naturally curly hair and got called Shirley Temple as a kid.
  2. I'm the worst procrastinator in the world... hmmm?  You probably already knew that since I'm an infrequent blog poster.
  3. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 18 years old.
  4. I absolutely, 100% HATE sleeping.  I'm such a night owl that I wish the human body didn't require sleep.
  5. I only have 1/2 my thyroid.  I had the other 1/2 along with a golf ball sized tumor removed when I was 18.
  6. I love - love - love roller coasters.
  7. I was in a sorority and lived with 107 other girls for 2 years.
  8. I'm a total pack rat and deathly afraid I'll end up one of those hoarding TV shows.
  9. I'm obsessed with Saturday Night Live.  Riiiccccckkkkk!!!!! :)
  10.  
  11. I went paragliding in the swiss alps. You basically run off the side of a mountain.  It was cool.  Above is a pic from when I was in Switzerland.
  12. I do not care for cats... like AT ALL. 
  13. I have 2 nieces and 1 is named after me.
  14. I was cheer captain and prom queen in high school but not a mean girl.
  15. I graduated HS with 66 people... cue music: I Was Born in a Small Town.
  16. If I let myself, I could drink 88+ ounces of Sonic Dr. Pepper a day.
  17. I took dance from age 3 to 14 and with enough wine I'll show you my kick ass tap dancin' skillllz
  18. I love forensics shows but hate what they're doing to jury expectations.
  19. I haven't eaten a Sour Patch Kid since 2002 when one blacked my eye.  It's a long story.
  20. If I had to choose 1 food to eat for the rest of my life it'd be mashed potatoes.
  21. I was voted "Class Clown" of my Law School. 
  22. My family was in the land run in Oklahoma, and we still own all the land.
  23. I've performed as a princess at kids' parties. Like big pink dress, HUGE tiara. Yes, I'm weird.
  24. My first job was at a movie store.
  25. I made my first scrapbook in 8th grade... actually I don't think it ever really got "finished."  Funny how things don't change.
  26. I'm a Brave Girl and have dreamed of going to Brave Girls Camp.  Click the link to read all about it.  Well as of this morning, I'm going.  ON TUESDAY!!! Yes, Tuesday, February 8th!!! I was on the waiting list and someone couldn't go.  I tapped myself out paying for it and buying a hugely expensive plane ticket, but I'm investing in myself.  I truly believe the stars aligned on this.  I need this.  You should totally check out the Brave Girls' Club website.  They have the most awesome e-mail list you can sign up for that sends you an e-mail of positive thoughts/ inspiration. 
I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!  And please know that I am going to try my best going forward to pre-shoot some YouTube videos and write some blog posts so I'm not as boring as I have been. Promise!  :)

Love you all bunches!  Be brave!
mADDmartha megan

PS- Tessie Girl will be attending Brave Dog Camp with my parents' dogs Chipper and Sparkey.  I'm sure she'll have much to report.

4 comments:

  1. oh wow, have tonz of fun... I have been intrigued by the brave girl movement for a long time, I'm looking forward to your recap of the experience.
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is awesome. I can't wait to hear about it. Get Melody's autograph for me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan, I guess I have lived in a bubble here in Canada as I have never heard of Brave Girls til now...I just snooped and WOW I am jealous!!! Enjoy the entire experience, Embrace it all....I can't wait to hear about your experiences! Safe journies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my STARS!!!!

    So many things I didn't know about you -- but strangely find comforting! *smile*

    I am so stinkin excited for you to go to Brave Girls Camp! I know you are a "brave girl" - on so many levels - but WOW and WOW again....what a terrific opportunity and so very happy that you are able to go! I have heard so much about it...(another friend of mine got to go) and it has been on my "wish list" ever since! You are going to have an amazing journey -- soak it in for sure. Would love to hear about it when you get back!

    Jann

    ReplyDelete