Monday, February 28, 2011

Excited doesn't cover it!

YOU'LL HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN AND PAUSE ALL THESE EMBEDDED VIDEOS.  THEY START AUTOMATICALLY AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE IT. :)

So it's back to the big-girl job after a long but rewarding weekend at NCA All Star Cheerleading Nationals in Dallas.  We took 3 teams and came home with 2 National Championships and a great finish to the season for my special needs boys and girls.  I've embedded the videos so you can watch and see why I'm gushing and sooooooo proud!  It was suggested that I wear my sweet new "NCA National Champion" jacket to court at some time in the near future.  ;)

Here's my special needs boys and girls, the Shining Starz.  They did sooooo amazing!  We hit our routine and came in 3rd out of 6!  We were VERY excited about that.  The team that won did so great!  Congrats Cheer Central Suns!  Our routine theme is Wizard of Oz/ Wicked so listen for that in the music.  They performed in the Arena where all the really good Level 5 and Level 6 teams perform and at the end you can see all those kids get on their feet to give them a standing ovation.  That part gets me crying every time.



Next up, the "FAMOUS" Youth 2 Girlies!  NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!  We made some changes on finals day to push for a few more points, and these girls really stepped up to take home the jackets from this division!  Their routine theme was "Famous" so listen for all the details in their music... I think they really enjoyed that theme!



And last... yeah, like literally last of the whole competition to warm-up and perform, the Senior 2 team.  I was cracking up because after we finished warming up, the people were standing there waiting to pack up the timers, signs and gatorade in the warm up room. hahaha

I've known some of these girls since they were very small and some of them help with the Shining Starz special needs team.  They are all such beautiful young ladies.  It makes my <3  happy! So check out the NCA National Champions and HIGH POINT AWARD WINNERS!

2 comments:

  1. how adorable, congrats to you and your girls!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a current blog for Ms Kate's Cuttables?

    ReplyDelete